Territorial Army Notification for Civilian Candidates for 2019: INDIAN ARMY -- NATION FIRST
For Civilians Only
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- Nationality: Citizens of India.
- Limits: 18 to 42 years on the date of application.
- Educational Qualifications: Graduate from any recognized university
- Physical Standards: A candidate must be physically and medically fit in all respects.
- Employment: Gainfully Employed.
Note: Note: Serving member of the Regular Army/ Navy/ Air Force/ Police/ GREF/ Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form (IAF(TA)-9 (Revised) Part-1) have been given on the website.
Fee DetailsCandidates’ are required to pay a fee of Rs 200/- (Rupees two hundred only). Candidates should note that payment of examination fee can be made only through the modes prescribed at the website. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode shall be summarily rejected. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
INSTRUCTION TO THE CANDIDATE FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION:
- The Online application can be filled from 26 MAY 2019 to 25 JUN 2019 till 11.59 PM, after which link will be disabled.
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active E-mail IDs as the concerned authorities may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at different stages of the examination process.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of online applications.
- While filling in the Application Form, the candidate should carefully decide about his choice for the centre for the examination.
- Candidates should note that no request for change of centre will be granted.
- Candidates in their own interest are advised to keep a copy of the print out of filled form submitted online.
ADMIT CARD FOR WRITTEN EXAM:
The admit card will be made available online for being downloaded after submission of application by the candidates. The instructions will be available on the website.
For any other query, candidates can also contact respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters as per their choice of examination centres. The address and contact number of the Territorial Army Group Headquarters are as under:-
- Candidates whose application forms are found correct will be called for screening (written exam followed by interview only if passed in written exam) by a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB), by the respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters.
- Successful candidates will further undergo tests at a Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection.
Note: Candidate who qualifies in the written test of Preliminary Interview Board is required to bring the following documents in original along with attested copies at the time of Preliminary Interview Board:
- Application Form IAF (TA)-9 (Revised) (Part-2) to be downloaded and fill it up in their own handwriting.
- All educational qualification certificates (Matric onwards). Semester/ year wise independent mark sheet of graduation along with Degree/Provisional Degree.
- Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- Copy of Identity proof with photographs (Voter ID / PAN Card / Passport / Driving license etc).
- Domicile/ Residential Address proof.
- Certificate for proof of age (Matric / Senior Secondary mark sheet & certificate for verification of date of birth).
- Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt/ Union Territory/ State/ Semi Govt/ PSU/ Private Sector authenticated by Head of Office along with No Objection Certificate by the department (As per notification).
- Self-employed candidates are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating nature of employment and annual income along with a photocopy of PAN card and self-certified character certificate. (As per notification)
- Candidates whose names vary in documents should submit a copy of Gazette notification of India / State showing the correct name or an affidavit duly supported by newspaper cuttings.
- Latest Income Proof from the appropriate authority (i.e. Income Tax / Revenue Department / Magistrate / Employer).
- Copy of PAN Card.
- Copy of Adhar Card.
- Employees of Railways are required to submit No Objection Certificate authenticated by Railway Board.
- Risk certificate duly signed by parent/guardian.
- Three photographs (Passport size).
THE FOLLOWING APPLICABLE CERTIFICATE BE COMPULSORILY PRODUCED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW:-
- Certificate to be Rendered by Candidates Employed in Central Government, UT, State Government Duly Authenticated by Head of Office.
- Certificate to be Rendered by Candidates Employed in Private Sector (To be Authenticated by Head of Office).
- Affidavit to be Rendered by Self Employed on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Minimum Value Duly Endorsed by Notary.
- Character Certificate to be Rendered by Self Employed Person. (Self Certified by the Candidate)
- Risk Certificate
EMBODIMENT FOR TRAINING:
- One month of basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months of annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within the first two years at IMA, Dehradun.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
- The commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as for Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions up to Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on the requirement.