Lord Sri Venkateswara, the Venkateswara temple is situated at Tirumala (Tirupati) in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh, India.
Location: Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh, India
Built By: King Thondaiman
Architectural Style: Dravidian
Dedicated To: Lord Venkateswara
- Brahmotsavam Time ,
- Vaikunta Ekadasi
More than 50,000 to 100,000 pilgrims have Darshan of preisding deity, Lord Venkateswara while on special occasions and festivals, like the annual Brahmotsavams, the number of pilgrims visiting the temple shoots up to 500,000, making it the most-visited holy place in the world.
Lord Venkateswara Temple at Tirumala (Tirupati) is one of the most famous temples in India. With more than 2.73 crore visitors according to private survey devotees availing the temple every year, it is one of the most visited holy places and also one of the richest temples in the world. Built on the Venkata Hill, which is a part of the famous Seshachalam Hills.
Venkateswara Temple is a landmark Vaishnavite temple situated on the seven (7) hill town of Tirumala at Tirupati in Chittoor district pin code : 517504 of Andhra Pradesh, India. The Temple is dedicated to Lord Sri Venkateswara, an incarnation of Vishnu, who is believed to have appeared here to save mankind from trials and troubles of Kali Yuga. Hence the place has also got the name Kaliyuga Vaikuntham and Lord here is referred to as Kaliyuga Prathyaksha Daivam. The temple is also known by other names like Tirumala Temple, Tirupati Temple, Tirupati Balaji Temple. Lord Venkateswara is known by many other names: Balaji, Govinda, and Srinivasa.
Tirupati Temple is considered as one of the holiest shrines by the Hindus. According to a legend, Lord Vishnu assumed the form of Sri Venkateswara to save mankind from the adversities of Kali Yuga.
Laddu offered to Lord Venkateswara at Venkateswara Temple, Tirumala
The highly sacred and antique nature of the Tirupati Balaji temple is evident through a large number of mentions in several puranas including the Varaha Purana and the Bavishyottara Purana. All the major dynasties that ruled over the Southern peninsula had taken immense interest in paying homage to Lord Balaji as well as make huge contributions and endowments to the temple. Thee Pallavas of Kancheepuram (9th Century), Cholas of Tanjore (10th Century), Pandyas of Madurai (14th Century) and the rulers of the Vijayanagar (14th and 15th Centuries). The construction of Tirupati Balaji temple began in 300 AD with subsequent additions made from time to time. In the history of the temple, much of its wealth and size was gained during the reign of the Vijayanagara rulers who poured gold and diamonds into the treasury of the temple. When the emperor Krishnadevaraya visited the temple in 1517, he ordered for the gilding of the inner roof of the temple. The rulers of the Kingdom of Mysore and the Gadwal Samsthan visited the temple regularly and contributed so much valuables. During the mid-part of the eighteenth century, Maratha general Raghoji I Bhonsle established a permanent body to administer the temple worship. The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) was instituted through the TTD Act in 1932.
Govinda Goooovindaaaaaa yadu kondalavadaa venkataramana govinda Goooovindaaaaaa